Stop and think a minute. Really. Why are you doing what you are doing at this moment? If you're working- could be that you need money for rent and food. Sitting-because you are tired, maybe lazy. Searching online- for a good deal or a little hope or motivation.
It's just that we often live unconsciously. Why are you working at your job? Why do I stay here and cook and clean and entertain my child all day? Perhaps you work for a better life; to touch people's lives while doing so. I stay so that I can pass on what I value most- honesty, love, goodness, strength.
So before you drink your coffee, think about "why" you drink it. Before you hoist those 30 lb. dumbells, consider the reason. If you plan to hug your dog; remember those hairy, stinky beasts don't live forever.
Try to do more things for reasons you have actively considered. Know your why.
I'm always looking for mine.
It's just that we often live unconsciously. Why are you working at your job? Why do I stay here and cook and clean and entertain my child all day? Perhaps you work for a better life; to touch people's lives while doing so. I stay so that I can pass on what I value most- honesty, love, goodness, strength.
So before you drink your coffee, think about "why" you drink it. Before you hoist those 30 lb. dumbells, consider the reason. If you plan to hug your dog; remember those hairy, stinky beasts don't live forever.
Try to do more things for reasons you have actively considered. Know your why.
I'm always looking for mine.
Comments