Skip to main content

I Love Wimbledon!


I've been a fan of tennis, especially Wimbledon, for over 10 years. I used to set the VCR while I was at work to tape hours of it to watch after work. After Zoe was born, I had no time nor cable to watch. A couple years ago, the mommy fog began to clear and I remembered that tennis existed. This year was the first in 8 years that I've watched so much of the tournament. It was an incredible one, with tons of great matches, especially in the men's division. A new favorite has emerged for me; Patrick Rafter is long gone, but this young guy is amazing! The Spanish Rafael Nadal is a fighter to the end. It was the longest running final in Wimbledon's history. Switzerland's Roger Federer was a great opponent, and the entire match was close. It ended after 5 awesome sets with some of the best shots I've ever seen. Rafa's emotion at the end was contagious! After he got off the ground, he climbed on the NBC box to hug his family. Then he walked across another box to greet the Spanish royalty in attendance. He was a humble, albeit ecstatic champion. This Wimbledon will not soon fade in my memory! Thanks to all the athletes who entertained and inspired me! I'll be watching for more.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Oh my; time does fly!

We moved to Sidney, MT at the end of May. Now Jesse doesn't commute 3 hours a day. Yay ! We are happy to say the plumbing works in our Glendive house. Still got to pay off the bill…..We may get that done by the time we eventually finish and sell it! Vinnie-17 months- is 30 lbs. of pure energy! He loves books, outside, bananas, his doggy; his Mama, Dad-dad and, " Dah "( ie . Zoe). Our dog is almost 13 and quite deaf and blind. She still loves to go for walks and snores when she sleeps; which is most of the time. I hope to have some time to myself very soon. So pleased that my family is happy and well! I'm still going a bit crazy, but things may even out soon. Here's to hope!