Last night, I saw James Blunt perform on Austin City Limits . He alternated between guitar and piano (his accompanist, Paul Beard, was excellent also). It is rare for me to be moved by a musical performance simply because it is heartfelt. The ability to express one's deepest thoughts and feelings is a trait common to writers/musicians. The trick is to remain connected to them, while expressing them, without being overcome by them. James seems to have this skill in hand. His riveting performance was warm and original.
If only it had an off switch; my mind. It is noisy and cluttered and I can feel it in my stomach and in my throat. I'm all one piece, after all. If I could disconnect, I'd be in a quiet, comfortable place. Alas, I am entwined, and so I must breathe slowly-deeply. I will get to quiet and calm if I can only breathe. Be still, mind; silence to this mortal temple in which I reside. May you too have peace and be blessed. And do not forget to breathe.
Comments