Of interest today: a person's resistance to asking for help. I have found this to be the perfectionists' greatest obstacle to finding a place in the real world. I have always been a realist, while fervently hoping that I'm wrong and the fantasy is real. My perfectionism has kept me from dreaming and spurred me on to lofty goals. Why then would I avoid the helping hand of reason? Pride is my answer; and is a universal ball and chain. I don't want to reveal my need of another; or expose my lost position, for fear that I will appear weak and broken. If I had the heart of a child, I would request assistance in a moment and be the better for it. "Two are better than one...If one falls down, his friend can help him up... if two lie down together, they will keep warm...though one may be overpowered, two can defend themselves." Eccl. 4:9-12
I may learn something when I ask for help.
I may learn something when I ask for help.
Comments