Skip to main content

R & R

I live in rural America. It may be the last place on earth to mobilize for the purpose of reusing and recycling. We are usually too busy trying to keep warm/cool, make a living, and survive the unending boredom to care. ( Did you know that it gets over 100 degrees in the summer? Of course you know it gets below 0 in the winter. Just not daily.)

I can recycle newspapers and heavy metal in my community, but that's about it. If you could see all the plastic containers stashed in every corner of the house! I try to use them for cookie exchanges, etc.but what else can I do with them? And they are the large yogurt containers-not a bunch of little ones. Individual water bottles are a no-no most of the time for us. We have some Nalgenes and Sigg bottles to reuse. Our drinking water comes in 5 gallon bottles which are reused. Around here, bulk is descriptive of extra winter layers, not food stuffs. I do order from Amazon to get bulk organic items SOMETIMES ( see "make a living" above). I don't know any other persons who care to order these items with me. I do hope to seek out like-minded individuals eventually to create a co-op of sorts to solve these problems. I'll let you know the progress. ( as if you care, but at least I can ramble on!)

Comments

Anonymous said…
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
N said…
ewww... spam comments. you should turn on that word verification in your settings. weeds 'em right out.

Popular posts from this blog

Oh my; time does fly!

We moved to Sidney, MT at the end of May. Now Jesse doesn't commute 3 hours a day. Yay ! We are happy to say the plumbing works in our Glendive house. Still got to pay off the bill…..We may get that done by the time we eventually finish and sell it! Vinnie-17 months- is 30 lbs. of pure energy! He loves books, outside, bananas, his doggy; his Mama, Dad-dad and, " Dah "( ie . Zoe). Our dog is almost 13 and quite deaf and blind. She still loves to go for walks and snores when she sleeps; which is most of the time. I hope to have some time to myself very soon. So pleased that my family is happy and well! I'm still going a bit crazy, but things may even out soon. Here's to hope!