Skip to main content

Free Time

What is free time? You may ask, " What does a stay-at-home-mom have to do all day?" Well, to begin, I'm not doing much of the "staying home" part these days.
I've been working since the beginning of November, filling in for Jill (my step-mom-in-law) at her store. She's on an extended trip for medical treatment; meanwhile, she's paying me so I can pay my surgery bills! Very cool, indeed! (She is doing well; it's nothing serious, and insurance covers it.)
I had looked forward to plenty of time for working out and cooking when Zoe started school. Instead, I was working on our building, and now I'm in customer service. Not too bad of a trade, but I am a bit frazzled. Zoe does not care for being picked up from school and heading back to my job for 2 hours. Afterward, we usually have to stop at the store for groceries , and then home to cook supper. She is getting better at not complaining, but I'm paying for it any of the time we are at home! Let's say she has been "difficult". I wonder if it is directly related to my tight schedule, or perhaps only a stage. I will hope for the former, since I will be done working just before Christmas break!
I do have a day or so off during the week, but I can't seem to catch up on laundry and cleaning and errands even then. I have an even greater amount of respect for all the hard-working moms out there!
I am woefully behind on holiday shopping and baking this year! It is very sad, as I dearly love to bake any and everything I can think of for Christmas! The shopping thing would be easier "if I had a million dollars...."; thankfully, Amazon has many swell items with free shipping!!
I did a little baking last night. My poor family waited until nearly 7pm for their supper while the dark cocoa cake was baking. ( I need one of those neato double ovens someday). We were all convinced it was worth it, though. You should go out and buy some Hershey's Special Dark Cocoa and see for yourself!

Comments

Michele said…
Yes, I see how we're in the same boat. Thursday is my day off, when I try to "catch up" on the things that get left behind the rest of the week. Rarely do I succeed in clearing off the entire list. Maybe I'd have better luck if I didn't spend so much time checking my friends' blogs...

Popular posts from this blog

Oh my; time does fly!

We moved to Sidney, MT at the end of May. Now Jesse doesn't commute 3 hours a day. Yay ! We are happy to say the plumbing works in our Glendive house. Still got to pay off the bill…..We may get that done by the time we eventually finish and sell it! Vinnie-17 months- is 30 lbs. of pure energy! He loves books, outside, bananas, his doggy; his Mama, Dad-dad and, " Dah "( ie . Zoe). Our dog is almost 13 and quite deaf and blind. She still loves to go for walks and snores when she sleeps; which is most of the time. I hope to have some time to myself very soon. So pleased that my family is happy and well! I'm still going a bit crazy, but things may even out soon. Here's to hope!